Universal Audio releases four new titles from Softube, Sonnox, Brainworx, and AMS Neve, now are part of UAD Software v9.3.
1 Dytronics® Cyclosonic Panner: Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in developed by Softube and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces. Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in is an exacting emulation of the ultra-rare, revolutionary analog auto-panner introduced in 1984.
Famous for deep panning and modulation effects, and imparting instant vibe and stereo character to any source, the Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner plug-in’s bi-directional “Round Sound” panning yields a 3D sound stage unlike any other auto-panner available.
- Exacting emulation of the ultra-rare Dytronics Cyclosonic Panner analog hardware
- Imparts instant vibe and stereo character on a variety of sources
- Auto-panning with variable and shapeable LFO
- 3D panning with variable and shapeable LFO
- Gate function for triggered panning with adjustable sensitivity
- Exclusive plug-in-only features include DAW sync for LFO and flexible stereo input/output configurations.
2 Sonnox® Oxford Dynamic EQ: Developed by Sonnox, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces offers high-level control over the frequency content of audio, helping tackle the most demanding production challenges during mixing or mastering.
The first dynamic EQ on the UAD platform, the Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in is an excellent alternative to multi-band compression, allowing producers and engineers to sculpt and shape sources with unending precision.
- Powerful dynamic EQ with signature Oxford professional-level transparency and control
- 5 bands of ‘R3 Type 3’ proportional-Q dynamic equalization with optional shelf type
- All bands can overlap fluidly and process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid, or side channels
- Flexible per-band side chain controls
- Allows up/down compression and up/down expansion
- Optional onset detection for very precise transient processing.
3 ENGL® Savage 120 Amplifier: Developed by Brainworx and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in expertly captures all of the punishing, beastly punch of ENGL’s most diabolical high-gain amp.
The ENGL Savage 120 plug-in not only captures the intense crunch and distortion of the original amp, it adds 100 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier plug-in also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into an ENGL Savage 120 Amplifier— a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
- Exacting emulation of the original ENGL Savage 120 guitar amplifier
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by ENGL
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre– and post-amp bypass
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Savage 120 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces.
4 AMS RMX16 Expanded: The AMS RMX16 was the world’s first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb. From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable.
Developed by AMS Neve and available exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in captures the expansive shimmer of the original hardware, and adds nine rare, custom programs, doubling the sonic possibilities of the original UAD AMS RMX16 plug-in.
Featuring 810 ms of delay, brighter rooms, and variations of the legendary RMX16 Nonlin, Reverse, and Plate reverbs, the new AMS RMX16 Expanded Digital Reverb plug-in is a powerful update to this iconic studio tool.
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve.
- Offers the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of an ultra-rare, custom RMX16
- Classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room, Hall, Plate, Echo, Chorus, and Reverse, as well as rare programs like Nonlin 1.
- Plug-in-only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy “click-and-type” editing of control values
- New presets from famous RMX16 power users Steve Levine, Ross Hogarth, David Isaac, and more.
About Universal Audio
Universal Audio is a designer and manufacturer of audio signal processing hardware and DSP software founded in 1958 by Bill Putnam. The current incarnation of the company was re-established in 1999 by brothers Jim Putnam and Bill Putnam, Jr. Universal Audio merged with Kind of Loud Technologies to achieve two goals: “reproduce classic analog recording equipment designed by their father and his colleagues” and “research and design new recording tools in the spirit of vintage analog technology. Read more..