Akai Professional, a leading manufacturer of music equipment for artists and producers, announced the announcement of a major firmware update for the major MPC line, MPC Live and MPC X.
The new 2.0.5 update includes a tremendous amount of production and sound and stretches time in each drum box to manipulate loops and bumps for each bank in the wire program, best program and audio editing, Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI and external expansion/support capability.
Another great new feature of 2.0.5 is Ableton Link support, first in an independent hardware unit. MPC users can synchronize and play sound in real time using other tools and compositor applications compatible with Link (including iMPC Pro) over a shared Wi-Fi connection.
- Ableton Link via Wi-Fi – Sync MPC with any Link-enabled apps and devices for cross-platform collaboration. Complete list of apps found here: https://www.ableton.com/en/link/apps
- Bluetooth® 4.0 MIDI support – Controllers such as the LPK25 Wireless and LPD8 Wireless can now be used to control MPC instruments and kits
- Audio warping and time-stretching on the individual drum pad level within a drum program
- Improved Audio and Program Editing
- Enhanced Support for Storage Expansion – Hard Drives can now be formatted using the MPC
“This firmware update elevates the MPC to an entirely new level,” said Pete Goodlife, Director of Software Development for Akai Professional. “The new features make MPC a genuine performance powerhouse, and the enhanced connectivity provides a world of new creative possibilities.”
The 2.0.5 firmware upgrade will be available as a free download at akaipro.com for all registered MPC Live and MPC X owners in late August 2017.
More Info: Akai Pro